Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Hostage Bargain by Annika Martin


 Title: The Hostage Bargain 
Author: Annika Martin 
Series: Taken Hostage by  Hunky Bank Robbers #1 
Genre: Erotica-M/M/F
 Number of Pages:  197
Source: Author

Buy Links: Smashwords | Amazon | Barnes and Nobles 






 
When small town girl Melinda Prescott is taken hostage by three hot bank robbers, she quickly discovers that a life of bank heists, luxury hotels, and kinky menages is way more exciting than working on the family farm. She should be scared of her dominating, fierce captors…but there’s something wicked inside her that’s craving to obey their every dark desire. Melinda eagerly throws in with her three smoldering fugitives…and soon realizes that these are no ordinary bank robbers—and that bad guys aren’t always who they seem. But will her delicious captors overcome their own demons enough to let her in? And can these underdogs fight an evil conspiracy that’s larger than all of them? Warning: This book contains a sexy bank-robbers-and-their-captive sandwich, light bondage, spanking, teasing hints of domination, and a little play-time in a hot tub. Oh, and some all-too-delicious alpha heroes who bend the heroine to their will.


I read this book last year and adored it so much that it was my favorite erotica romance read of the year! I mean, it has hunky bank robbers with mythological God names like Zeus, Thor and Odin. What's not to love about that? I really thought that I had written a review for this book, but I was talking to a friend on twitter and after a quick search on my blog, realized I hadn't written one. *gasp*


I loved this book to pieces. I loved that there was adventure,romance, impossible situations and a story left me wanting more. This is a really fun erotica. The story line is a bit out there, but it just works.

There is sizzling tension,witty banter, alpha males and a likable, fun heroine. This book made me want bank robbers of my own!


I'm still not sure why this crazy book worked for me, but it did. If you are looking for a read that is  sizzling hot and lots of alpha male hotness then look no further!!


Note: I found my original review on amazon. Here it is: 
I admit that I had some qualms about reading this one. A heroine who ran a sheep farm but worked as a bank teller and then joins up with some robbers? I didn't think that the story would be believable or that I would be able to connect to the heroine at all. But you know what? This book really surprised me, because while the heroine did take some getting used to she really grew on me by the end of the book. Do I agree with all of her actions? No, I do not, but I could see where she was coming from and why she made some of the choices she did-like leave her old life behind and having no qualms about helping them out.

Luckily for Melinda the bank robbers she fell in with were super hot and more then made up for her flaws. I loved all of the guys in the book, and really liked their names-Thor, Odin and Zeus. Melinda spends the most time with Thor, and I have to admit that I adored him. Zeus was the one that was the hardest to get a handle on. I liked that he didn't immediately join in on falling for Melinda like the other two because it just made the story a little more believable. He has his issues, and I was really wondering how Melinda would work her charm on him. There are a few scenes between the two I really liked because of how emotional they were.

I just want to go on and on about how much I loved this book. It's one of the few books lately that finished it and had a content sigh on my face all night. I'm not sure why this book pulled me in so much, but it did. The Hostage Bargain is just a lot of hotness and fun to read. I found myself cheering for the bank robbers. I really hope that this isn't a stand alone book and that we learn more about who Thor, Odin and Zeus are